Submit An Article
The submission of articles to Detox & Cure is subject to specific criteria in their content and presentation. In order to maintain a positive user experience within Detox & Cure, and preserve the reputation of Detox & Cure and the Detox & Cure Community, some housekeeping rules are required to be clearly stated.
Articles submitted for publishing on Detox & Cure must satisfy the requirements as listed below the Article Submission Form in order to appear on Detox & Cure. All fields in the Article Submission Form below are mandatory. To assist you with the article submission process we have created a template Microsoft Word file which you can download from here.
Detox & Cure will publish tutorial, guide, list, editorial, synopsis and research style articles containing original images, linked videos, gifs and other appropriate visual content.
All articles submitted must be (original) your own work. Submissions of articles written by another Author or content that is not original will not be published. All submissions will be manually checked and must satisfy various plagiarism tests including but not limited to Copyscape premium and Small SEO Tools plagiarism checks. These processes can take some time when we have a backlog of submissions and your patience is greatly appreciated.
When citing another person’s work, the original source of information such as paragraphs from other websites, must be highlighted as a ‘block quote’ and have the source link cited to be accepted. The proportion of quoted content to original content is not to exceed 5% of the submitted article content.
Ghost writers are permitted providing their contracted work is only used by you. If you feel that you don’t have the ability to write, you may hire writers through Fiverr, UpWork and the like for your articles. It is your responsibility to proofread any work you contract through these services. Any work submitted to you by a ghost writer that does not meet the requirements included on this page will be denied.
Should an article submission be populated with grammar and/or spelling errors, it will not be published. We suggest you use a service such as Grammarly to assist with proof reading. We will check this before publishing and are happy to make some amendments, however, we will not rewrite your content to meet the proofreading requirements.
All content submitted for publication on Detox & Cure is by nature of the site directly attributed to the submitting Author. All content submitted for publication on Detox & Cure and will remain as published until such time that the submitting Author requests the removal of this content.
Value and User Experience
An article submission must be valuable and of use to the visitor. As stated earlier, copying partial or full content from other locations found anywhere on the internet (duplicate or near duplicate content) will not be published. The articles must be unique and high-quality content.
Posting content that is not unique will result in your submissions being denied, and your account being flagged or canceled.
Your keyword density is to be between 0.5% and 1% which is between 1 in 200 and 1 in 100 words per article. When you write your article submissions for humans you will improve the user experience, and therefore the likelihood of your articles being shared. Avoid writing your submissions for search engines as this can detract from the user experience.
Article submission that are stuffed with locations will not be permitted. This practice is looked upon with the same light as spamming. Examples of location stuffing may include; Pizza Restaurant Sydney, Jewellery Shop Boston, Handyman Bombay.
Detox & Cure will not publish any press releases, targeted advertising or sales copy, or content deemed to qualify as spamming.
Articles with content that is, or about the following will not be permitted:
- Pornography or the like
- Prostitution or the like
- Any advocacy against any individual(s) or group(s)
- Illegal conduct or behavior of any type
- Illegal substances or paraphernalia
Detox & Cure will only publish content that complements the site and is of value to the audience.
Derivative content, or content that has basically been rewritten to create multiple versions provides no value to the reader. This practice will not be permitted and your articles will not be published. Using article spinners for the purpose of churning out variations will not be tolerated. These types of articles do not read well, and often, make little to no sense at all.
Links are only permitted in the body of the article and are limited to their type. Certain linking will not be permitted, such as affiliate links, and including URL shortening to affiliate links. All links must be related to the content and not direct traffic to an unrelated source. Do not request the reader to ‘visit’ or ‘click on’ your links. Any such calls to action will result in your submission be disapproved. Please ensure that you use suitable anchor text that will add value to the visitor and taken them to content that is relevant.
Self-promoting links are permitted in anchor text in the body of your article. These are limited to one per article submission.
Do not post plain URLs on their own such as www.detoxandcure.com. The only time when a plain URL will be permitted is when referencing an information source for content that is provided in block quotes as detailed above. Ensure that the links point to the relevant pages to support a good user experience.
Links to sites that are high authority such as PubMed, Huffington Post, BBC, etc. are permitted and encouraged as these authoritative sources can improve the visibility of your article to search engines, and they frequently take the reader to reputable sources of information. Where you are citing an editorial, you will need to virify that the content within the editorial that you are citing is true and accurate.
We check all links submitted to ensure they comply with these conditions. Should the content of a page be changed after submission, or a link be redirected to a non-conforming page, your submissions will be editied at our discretion to maintain a good user experience.
Only English article submissions and links to English language sites will be permitted at this time. We currently don’t have the capacity to accept submissions or links to sites in other languages.
You must choose an appropriate category that best reflects the content of your article. In the event that you believe that there is not an appropriate category, a request to include a category can be made by adding a note to the bottom of the submission for the category request. If the category request is approved your article will be included in this category. Where the category request is not congruent with the site, this will not be approved.
Any appropriate tags for your article submission must be stated in the bottom of the article submission with the heading ‘Requested Tags’. These are to be broken with commas to indicate what is to be in the tag, e.g.; Nutritional Science, Mindset, Detoxification.
Your requested tags can also be the preferred keywords for your article submission. Keywords are to be nominated and stated in the bottom of your article submission for inclusion. Where there have not been any nominated keywords we will consider the content of the submission and determine suitable keywords as required.
Your submissions must have a featured image which is to be a minimum of 1000px by 600px. Images must be of a suitable clarity that they do not appear grainy, pixelated, or distorted. Images are to be attached along with the submitted content. You are permitted to provide links to embed content such as video, gifs, tweets, posts or images. These must comply with all of the requirements stated above.
Where files are being uploaded to Detox & Cure they will be scanned by software for viruses, malware, and the like. Any issues detected with files will result in the files not being opened and the content will not be published. The format for uploading files is:
- Text – Microsoft Word
- Images – JPG, PNG, GIF
- Videos – Hyperlinked to YouTube or Vimeo, etc.
Formatting and Styling
- The first letter of each word within your title must be capitalised.
- Titles are not to include any email addresses, Author’s names, or URLs
- HTML tags will not be permitted in the title
- Articles must contain a minimum of 600 words. Duplicate content within the body to achieve the minimum word count will not be permitted. This will result in your article being denied.
- HTML tags permitted in the body include; b, i, u, p, strong, ul, ol, li, h2, h3, h4, h5, p, img.
- Hard line breaks used too frequently within the body will not be permitted. Hard line breaks are only permitted with small lists.
- Your body must be appropriately formatted with paragraphs. This is intended to make it easier for the user to read and improve their on page experience. Ensure that you use white space appropriately between paragraphs. Submitting a big block of unformatted text in your article will result in your request being declined.
- The body of your submission is not to contain the Author’s names, email addresses, or any other such contact information.
- The title of your submission is not to be repeated in the body of your content. For example; if your title is “16 Refreshing Green Smoothies To Quench Your Summer Thirst” and your keyword is “Refreshing Green Smoothies” using the keyword in the body is ok. Repeating the full title is not acceptable.
- All text is to be justified. This can be completed with the following keyboard shortcuts used on selected text:
- Alt + Shift + J for Windows and Linux, and
- Option + Shift + J for Apple.
- All bullet and numeric points are to be presented with the opening word capitalised, with no commas or full stops (periods) on their tails. Where commas or full stops (periods) are permitted is as shown below. All bullet and numeric points are to be preceded with a colon in the proceeding sentence as:
- This is point one in the series
- This is point two in the series, and
- This is point three in the series.
More information about the style of writing required can be found here
- Your nom de plume, or pen name, must be that of a natural person. Company names or keyword as a pen name will not be permitted.
- Your profile picture is to be a picture of you, not a company logo.
- The most suitable image size for your profile is 800px high by 800px wide
- Profile pages parked for the purpose of backlinking without any articles will be deleted. Checks are completed on all profiles to ensure the community consists of writers who are publishing content for legitimate purposes.
- Any images you use on Detox & Cure must be images that you have full usage rights to.
- Optimal image dimensions for the featured image is a minimum of 1000px by 600px. If your images are larger than this our system will crop the images to a suitable size. To avoid losing aspects of the image that are important or required, you can use tools like BeFunky, Picmonkey, PhotoShop, or Canva to make the required adjustments before submitting.
- Where images have been sourced through channels such as Pixabay or Google and are creative commons or royalty free, include a statement to indicate the source of the image as; Image source: Pixabay, copyright free image. Our preference is for original images to be used instead of stock images.
- Where you have purchased the image and intend to use this as a part of your submission we will require to sight the licence for the use of the image before it will be permitted on the site.
- Permitted file extensions for images include; jpg, png, jpeg, and gif
- Self-promotion marks on the image will not be permitted, for example; using the name of your company or website, or logo(s).